Unless we're taking a family vacation or planning day trips I typically use my vacation to get caught up on things around the house as well as maybe meet a friend or two for lunch. Since we're getting close to Christmas this week is typically spent getting into the Christmas spirit. I typically like to make myself a list of what I want to accomplish realizing I'll be lucky to get half of it done. Some people like to keep their list realistic, I like to make my list encompass everything I want to get done. I always say shoot for the stars and be happy with the moon.
Here's my game plan for the week
- Start Christmas baking (I'll post later a specific plan for what I hope to accomplish for baking)
- Start Christmas shopping
- Wrap any presents purchased
- Get the trees up and decorate the house
- Christmas cards
- Plan menu/buy food for my department party I'm hosting in early December
- Prepare food to take to Thanksgiving dinner (we go to two houses but I bring dishes to each house)
- Clean and thin out kitchen pantry
- Clean and thin out bathroom cupboards
- Clean and thin out linen closet - inventory towels and replace if necessary (I've noticed some of the towels I use are falling apart, since I don't do the laundry I'm not sure if it's all of them or if my son keeps giving me the bad ones!)
- Tackle ironing pile
- Clean my closet/drawers and get rid of clothes I don't wear
- Go through daughter's drawers and thin out her clothes with her.
- Thoroughly clean all rooms (vacuum behind all furniture, take down blinds/curtains, etc)
- Inventory, consolidate and replenish cleaning supplies
- Go through paperwork that I've set aside to destroy/file
- Have lunch with my mom
- Get ahead on my school work so I'm not stressed out at Christmas when the final papers are due
I'm sure a few more unexpected items will make their way to my list. I'll update next week how successful I was.
Hope you have a good week!