Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Confirmation Dress

One thing to know about me is I'm not a huge shopper.  The first reason being that I don't have a lot of time for 'window shopping', if I don't have a specific need I don't go into the store and if I do have a reason it's got to be quick.  Reason number two is I got myself into some trouble a few years back with overspending, quite frankly I used shopping to relieve some intense stress I was under but ended up just getting us over extended on our credit cards.  If you don't go into a store you can't buy anything :)

With that being said, Danielle and I spent two afternoons shopping this week and we really had a good time.  She had gotten quite a bit of money and gift cards for Christmas that she wanted to spend.  Plus I also received a gift card to my favorite store (White House / Black Market) and I need something for a party within the next week.

One of the first stores we hit was the Black/White store where I ALWAYS head for the clearance rack.  I love the store, don't love the prices.  I tried on a few things and quickly became frustrated by the weight I gained this year.  My daughter was trying to be helpful by picking out things that would look great on her size one body but not so hot on my larger size.  One of the items that she picked out was a black wrap dress originally $100 marked down to $25.  All clearance items also received an additional 30% plus by using my 'member card' I also received another 5% discount.

I let my daughter try on the dress and she looked absolutely amazing, very grown-up and mature.  She's getting confirmed this spring, my usual mode of operation would be to go dress shopping for her the Saturday before her confirmation and pay an arm and a leg for the dress.  However in keeping with my New Year's Resolution of being more prepared we not only got her confirmation dress but we also only paid about $17 for it!  What a deal!

What a way to start the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment