Sunday, August 28, 2011

Menu Planning - w/o 8-28

Why should we menu plan and take inventory BEFORE grocery shopping?  I can give you 210 reasons why it's a good idea.  Yesterday I accomplished a ton of stuff, unfortunately menu planning and inventory before shopping wasn't one of them and we completely blew our budget and it doesn't feel like I got a lot of actual meals.  However, I did snag a killer deal on my Lipton bottled tea.  Usually six bottles go for $5.99, today they were on sale 3/$12 which was like buying two getting one free.  I stopped buying these a while ago because they were so expensive but as I try to beat my McDonald's addiction I've found that these help so I limit myself to one every morning on my way to work.

Since we're on vacation this week I'm planning our meals a little loosely because we may not always be home.  Tuesday we're hoping to go to a water park and Wednesday I'm hoping to go to a concert with some friends.  Turkey is a favorite meal of ours, due to the fact that we'll have more time we did pick one up at the grocery store.  Of course that purchase didn't help our bill either.

Here's what is on the menu this week.

Breakfast
Banana Bread
Blueberry waffles (we're taking advantage of our vacation and having a home cooked breakfast)
Blueberry muffins (from a mix)
Cereal
Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich
Blueberry bagels (can you tell I have a blueberry loving family?)

Lunch
Hot Dogs
Bagel Sandwiches
Quesadillas
Leftovers
Frozen Meals

Dinner
Turkey (with all the fixings)
Brats
Tacos
Pizza on the grill
Barbecue at friends house
Barbecue at our house (my mom is turning 60 this week so we're having a surprise party)
Dinner out

What are you planning?  Feel free to leave a link to your post in comments.

I'll be linking this up over at Life as Mom and I'm an Organizing Junkie

You might also like:

Freezing Tomatoes
July Financial Update
Bathroom Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment