Sunday, January 8, 2012

What's in Your Purse?

Toni over at A Bowl Full of Lemons is hosting a "What's in Your Purse Party".  That sounded like a lot of fun so I thought I'd join in.

The first thing that I did was take the test she found on line that tells you what your handbag says about you.  Here is what mine says about me.
  • You tend to be relaxed throughout the day. You are naturally at peace.
  • You are a high maintenance person. You feel lost outside of your normal environment.
  • You are a very creative person. Your life tends to be a whirlwind, but you always seem to pull it together.
  • You are an outgoing and expressive person. You always speak your mind, and you're very approachable.
  • You are a very unique and special person. There's no one else who is anything like you.
I have to say that I really don't agree with the "high maintenance person".  I don't think I'm high maintenance or feel lost outside of my normal environment.  I also don't know that I would be described as relaxed.

Here is a picture of my purse.  The red crocodile is kind of my personal signature, at least it is according to my mother.  Every purse that I've owned over the last 5+ years has been made of varying degrees of red crocodile printed leather.



I found this purse hanging in the window of a store downtown when I was attending the Farmer's Market and immediately fell in love!  I didn't buy it right away because I didn't want it to be an impulse buy but after drooling over for a month or so I did pick it up.  What's cool about it is the outside is a changeable shell.  If you are one of those women who like to change your purses on a daily basis, you can buy multiple shells.  The shell slips on over the inside liner which actually holds your items.  This allows you to change purses without going through the hassle of actually changing purses.  Since I'm a buy one that I LOVE and use it for a year kind of gal it's not much of an incentive for me.

My purse is typically a mess of receipts and papers.  Before this Christmas I would throw my ID, debit cards, gift cards, money, etc somewhere in my purse.  However, as a Christmas present my mother bought me this swanky new wallet.  I've never been a wallet girl, but I put this one to use and have been pleasantly surprised by how much easier it makes my life.  Now if I could only keep my family from taking all my cash!



I'm not going to show you the inside of my purse because then I would feel the need to organize it so I could show you an after picture and I'm too tired to do that.  However, here is a list of what is in my purse (besides the receipts and papers)
  • Floss
  • Pens (yes that would be plural)
  • Make-up (because I put it on in the car, at work, pretty much anywhere besides my mirror at home)
  • Lotion
  • Two cell phones (a personal one as well as an IPhone for work)
Those that know me they would probably be surprised their isn't a calculator in there, I tend to be permanently attached to one at work.  However, I find that the calculator on the phone works well for the limited amount that I need it.

That's what is in my purse, how about yours?

2 comments:

  1. Starting with the outside pockets... my cell phone, ipod, 2 sets of keys (home/car & school room/id/thumb drive)... Inside: Wallet, receipts, checkbook, tissues, lotion, hand sanitizer, lip balm, 3 pens & a nail file, a collapsible yard stick (it rolls up like one of those slap bracelets) small zippered bag containing OTC meds, sanitary needs, nail set & dental floss....

    My test results:

    You tend to be on high alert. You are a high maintenance person. You are a very creative person. You are practical and down to earth.

    Lol... cracked me up... I tend to have darker colored purses in the winter but other seasons are bright - VERY bright...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to dig around in my purse. I'm scared of what's in there! Gunk. Coins. Toy cars. Crayons. And somewhere, my wallet. Pens that have lost their caps, which explains the dark blue stains on what used to be lovely purple leather.

    ReplyDelete