Our trip turned out pretty good even though we did have to drive nine hours in that horrible weather that blanketed the Midwest last Thursday. I was able to get together with my favorite cousin twice! We had a big family get together Saturday night, I enjoyed seeing everyone. Unfortunately a lot of time was spent at the hospital visiting my grandma. She had a stroke at Christmas and still needs a lot of care. Not having her at the house while we were there was a little sad.
While I was in St. Louis I also was able to meet up with another blogger that I met through our blogs. Susan lives fairly close to the hospital my grandma is staying in so we met for lunch at a local Greek place. The food was excellent; my son is hoping we can eat there next time we’re in town!
I did throw my back out when we were down there. The time in the car plus sleeping on air mattresses is just to much for my back. Getting my back in order will need to be my primary goal this week.
Here is my list from last week. As you can see I did excellent on my work goals, only so-so on my personal goals.
Finalize details of customer presentation – Monday EOD 1st draft of documents for new project - Monday EOD Prepare PowerPoint for Thursday meeting – Tuesday EOD Prepare documents for auditors – Wednesday EOD Start presentation for meeting – Due 1/17 EOD
- Shop for 70’s outfit (my trip at the end of the month requires me to dress in 70’s garb – this is adding quite a bit of stress to my life right now)
Finalize agenda for trip (we’re visiting relatives and there’s a lot of coordination needed to catch everyone!) Pack for trip – make sure kids pack appropriate clothing Pick up snack food/sandwiches for the drive (I may delegate this to the kids even though it will cost me more money)
- Send out passport renewals
- Renew Michael’s license plate
Exercise - I did pretty well on this one while I was in town. The bad weather when we were out of town made this difficult. I had planned to walk outside but the weather didn't cooperate.
Here are my goals for this week.
Last week was an anomaly as far as my listing all my work deadlines. I added them to my goal list because I had so much to get done in a short amount of time and I knew it would require some late nights. Typically I won't post that list here. However, I do have a few things I need to do for work that I'll be doing on my own time. Those include:
- Find a 70's outfit
- Find an outfit for the banquet night.
- Write thank you notes
- Send out passport renewals
- Renew Michael's license plate
- Finish organizing my Christmas items (everything is down but I'm re-organizing so I have a little more work to do)
- Make new batch of cranberry relish
- Exercise x3
- Read Go Put Your Strengths to Work by Marcus Buckingham.
- Get a few blog posts in the hopper for next week when I'm out of town.
I'll be linking this up to Money Saving Mom