Last week we did a lot of grilling. Mike was on second shift and I didn't want to turn the oven on so I planned every meal for the grill. I made my beer butt chicken as well as my pizza on the grill, it was delish!
This week we are doing a lot of eating from the pantry. Our grocery bill has been insane and we are cash poor this week. I splurged and surprised Mike with an Ipod (he's training for the Tough Mudder) and then Michael "surprised" me by not returning his rental textbook. My "surprise" was in the form of an almost $200 charge that I wasn't expecting. I was not very happy about that at all and yes, he will be paying me back.
I took as much cash as we could afford to spend to the grocery store and was pretty relentless in not buying what we didn't absolutely need. Here's what we'll be eating:
- Taco bar (I'll make some guacamole with the Tastefully Simple seasoning, yum!)
- Family cookout for Memorial Day (wait until I post the recipe for the desert I'm taking1)
- Fend for yourself
- Chicken breasts (seasoned with seasoning salt, onion & garlic), glazed carrots, applesauce, salad, Parmesan dinner rolls
- Brats, corn, tomato salad, cranberry relish
- Stuffed hamburgers (we make two thin burger halves and then stuff them with flavored cream cheese), roasted potatoes, corn, strawberry salad
- Dinner out
In case you are interested, here are the two recipes from last week.
What's cooking at your house?