Are you ready for one of the best cupcakes ever? This has been a family favorite for a long time but it's the first time I've made it into a cupcake.
The cupcake is very moist with a variety of flavors. Nuts are an optional addition.
World's Best Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 7oz bag of shredded coconut
- 1 - 8oz can crushed pineapple packed in juice, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 340, prepare cupcake pans
Mix oil and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, beating well. In a separate bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to beaten mixture. Fold in remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared cupcake tins and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Cupcakes should be firm to the touch.
A couple notes from the Wonder Woman I'm Not test kitchen:
- I would suggest baking just a couple to start so that you can finesse the time/heat before going all in
- These cupcakes cook a little darker than typical so don't get confused by the color.
- The oil in these cupcakes make specialty cupcake liners oily. My recommendation is would be to either use traditional cupcake liners or no liners, making sure to use a well greased baking tin.
- You can leave the coconut out if you prefer but I recommend leaving it in. The coconut helps act as a binder and doesn't contribute much flavor.
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 tablespoons butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vannila
1 - 1lb box confectioner's sugar
Beat all ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
This recipe came from a cookbook called Great Taste No Pain. A friend of mine has stomach problems and found some relief from following their recommendations. This is an affiliate link
You might also like:
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcake
Applesauce Cupcake with Brown Sugar Frosting
Orange Marmalade Cupcakes