Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekly Menu

I didn't post our menu last week, mostly because I really didn't cook!  Last Sunday I made spaghetti, but other than that I worked late, Belle had a band concert and dance lessons, Michael had school and Mike worked two second shifts.  Not a lot of family time! 

This week is still busy but we should be able to squeeze in three family dinners which lately is our norm.  My work schedule is still pretty busy so my game plan this week was to plan meals that I could either make ahead or that someone else could put together so that when I walk in the door we can eat.

Speaking of work, about a month ago they replaced our Blackberry's with IPhones.  I really wasn't on the IPhone band wagon until I had one.  All I can say is "AWESOME!"  I absolutely love my IPhone and now cannot imagine life without it.  Last week our IS department had a training session so we understood the features and some of the apps that were available to us.  One of the apps that the trainer mentioned was Grocery IQ.  I've downloaded it and am starting to play around with it (the company allows us to use our phone for personal apps as long as we aren't charging them to the company or they are innappropriate).  I think it's going to help our list dilemma (i.e. I get calls, texts and scribbled notes with items to add to my list).  Once I master the app I'll write a post about it so you can decide if it's something you would find useful.

Here's my plan for the week:

Ham, sweet potatoes, strawberry salad, corn, corn bread - I do tweak the ham recipe and add pineapple and cloves.
Haddock(stuffed and baked), rice pilaf, salad, glazed carrots
Chicken and Stuffing, applesauce, cranberries, corn, bread
Pizza with friends
Take Out
Fend for yourself   x2

I'll also be making a pot of white chicken chili for my lunch during the week.  I'm trying to eat a little healthier and I absolutely LOVE this chili.  It's very yummy.

That's what is on our menu for the week, what's on yours?  Feel free to post a link in the comment section.

I've be linking this up at I'm an Organizing Junkie, Life as Mom and Money Saving Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment