Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mini-Freezer Day

Today I'm planning a mini freezer cooking day.  As I shared earlier, I've started the Jenny Craig diet so I'm a little concerned about still having food (and family dinners) for my family and not being tempted by everything.  To help with this I've decided to do a little more freezer cooking so that I'm not spending a lot of time during the week, when I may be hungry and weak-willed, cooking.  My plan today is to accomplish the following:

Bake and shred two chickens (we'll eat one this evening since we're having company for dinner)
One meatloaf
Pulled pork

Since none of the meat was on sale, my grocery bill yesterday was pretty horrendous but still at budget.  At this point thought I'm not quite as worried about how much I spend but more about sticking to my diet.

On a side note, I've been wearing my armband for about 16 hours and I have to say it's pretty cool.  I've already downloaded the information a couple of times and the information has been pretty enlightening.  I'm amazed by how many times I wake up during the night and don't realize it.  I'm hopeful that this tracking will engage my competitive spirit and push me to work out more so that I can beat my previous records.

No comments:

Post a Comment