Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Things I Love - Pedicures

Photo courtesy of healingdream


With summer here it's pedicure time.  While I really don't love actually getting the pedicures because my feet are horrible ticklish,  I do love how they make my feet look.  My opinion is pedicures are pretty much a must in the summer if you are a sandal wearer but they don't need to be done professionally or require colored nail polish even though I am a sucker for deep red.

Here's why I love pedicures:

  • Your feet get a clean, polished look.  A must have in my book whenever you wear sandals.
  • A flower painted on your big toe gives you a little sassy flair.
  • Easy inexpensive DIY project - I'll be sharing shortly the proper way to give yourself a pedicure.  This can make a fun activity for your daughter's next sleep over.
  • They make great gifts - to either get or give
  • Pedicures make for a great cross generational activity.  My grandmother loves getting her feet done as does my daughter.  Whenever we visit my grandma we make a trip to the nail salon for a four generation nail day.
Do you prefer to do your own pedicures or get them done at a salon?  What's your favorite polish color?

If you like this post you might also enjoy the some other posts in this series:

Wall Words
Gladware
Just Dance
100 Things About Me

1 comment:

  1. I started reading your post and had to reach for some lotion for my heals! LOL!

    I love any shade of pink. I go dark in the winter and bright in the summer.

    I prefer to get pedicures once a month in the summer and the rest of the time I do it myself.

    ReplyDelete