Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pork Carnitas


Pork Carnitas is one of my favorite meals.  In addition to being very yummy it's actually a fairly healthy meal if you aren't loading it with a lot of cheese and sour cream.  Most of the time I get my fix from the cafeteria at work where they serve them once a month or Chipotle Grill who makes the BEST carnitas.  After taking my husband to Chipotle Grill I got him hooked on the carnitas and he's excited - OK, maybe excited is to strong of a word, but he's looking forward to trying them at home.

I've spent some time perusing the Internet for the "perfect" rice recipe and I think I finally found it at Chef in You.

Pork Carnitas
Pulled pork (I buy left over pork ends, throw them in a crock pot with some pork rub and cook for several hours)
Cilantro Lime Rice
Black Beans (plain black beans from a can)
Salsa (we're using fresh pica de gallo)
Cheese
Sour cream and/or guacamole if desired

In a bowl add the rice, beans and pulled pork.  Top with salsa, cheese sour cream and guacamole.  How easy is that?  If not everyone in your family likes carnitas, the pork is yummy in a bun (this is how my kids will be eating the meal).

You could also substitute the pork for chicken, steak or vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment