Sunday, July 15, 2012

Menu Plan

As I mentioned we are on vacation this week.  While this may mean a lot of eating out for some folks, I'm actually hoping we'll be doing less of it.  This is Mike's birthday week so we'll be treating the kids to some steaks on the grill.

I did try the recipe for Mango Ice Cream, the kids and I made it this morning and took it to grandma's for a treat.  Going forward I'll use this as a dessert topping instead of ice cream but I would definitely recommend you try it out.



Here's what cooking at the WWIN household this week.

Chinese take-out (the neighbors had a party this afternoon and I didn't want to be out grilling)
Steaks on the grill, rice pilaf, corn on the cob, strawberry salad, birthday cake
Grilled chicken, cranberry relish, glazed carrots, salad
Brats, applesauce, roasted potatoes, corn
Hamburgers, grilled pineapple (try putting these on your burgers - yum!), tomatoes, salad
Pizza on the grill,
Dinner with friends

What's on your menu?  Feel free to leave a comment and/or link to your menu in comments.

You may also like:

Vacation goals
Making Marriage Work
Creating Your Fortress of Solitude

I'll be linking up at:  I'm an Organizing Junkie

8 comments:

  1. The grill gets a lot of use - I wish it was BBQ weather here to get mine out too!
    Sounds yum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grill does get a lot of use. It's generally easier to cook the food and helps keep the kitchen clean. I do have to admit, with this heat wave (100+) it may not have been the smartest idea to do a lot of it this week!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love BBQ ing. Just wish it would stop raining so we could Lol. The thought of all those delicious grilled things is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we could do a cultural exchange. I'll send you some of our excessive heat and you could send us some of your much needed rain :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that chicken looks good. Will have to try it that way. Found you thru MPM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is some of the juiciest chicken you'll ever eat! I was reading an article about Matthew McConaughey and he was telling a story about making this chicken as well.

      Guess he must have found my blog :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Your menu sounds yummy! All that grilling sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love the summer because of how easy it is to grill. Of course that it helps that the husband gets to do a lot of it :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete