Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vacation Week - Yeah!!!!

Yep, it's that time of year again.  The week that the WWIN family takes a vacation to get all the stuff done around the house that needs to be done.  Oh yeah, we may do a little bit of playing as well :)

For my long time readers you may recognize my to-do list.  I haven't been doing a lot of to-do lists this year, I guess I've just been in a different frame of mind.  But I'm baaaaaaack!  I've got a crazy, crazy list of things I want to get accomplished this week.

Realistically I won't be able to accomplish everything on this list, however I've found that a list like this keeps me motivated.  I'm very competitive and I view this as a little game to play with myself.

To keep myself organized, I've separated the list into different tasks types

Organizing
Laundry Room (I've been struggling with sustainability and need to get it up to snuff)
Master bedroom Closet
Basement Closets
Coat closet (I'm embarrassed to admit but we still have some winter coats in there!)
Movie room credenza
Utensil Drawer
Garage organization

Decorating
Finish couch cushions (I know, this has been on the list for a long time but I really mean it this time! :)
Window treatments for living room
Replace computer desk in basement
Paint living room
Hang print we recently bought

Freezer Cooking
Breakfast bowls (I'm trying to wean myself off McDonald's!)
Shredded Chicken
Mashed potatoes
Applesauce
Cranberry relish

General Upkeep
Garage door trim (paint)
Replace garage window
Basketball hoop (paint pole)
Stain front porch slider
Clean out and re-plant side bed

Blogging
Write posts
Buy dishes for food pictures (I thought I'd check out Goodwill to add some visual interest to my pictures)
Buy a new computer
Update various aspects of the blog itself

New Recipe Trials
Mango Ice Cream (I found this recipe I wanted to try out)
Sushi
TBD Cupcake

That's it for now.  Of course as the week goes on we may add or modify the list.  The real issue as I hit the publish button is do I get up and do some work or lay down on the couch and enjoy the couple hours of peace and quiet?  I'll let you know what I choose!

What are you doing this week?

You might like:

12 Decorating Projects for 2012
12 Financial Goals for 2012
Kitchen Remodel




No comments:

Post a Comment