Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekly Menu

It's Sunday and I really don't want to think about menu planning.  I'm actually going to admit to going to the grocery store without a plan this week.  I have an incredible amount of food but I really have no clue what to make this week.  Hopefully no one is thinking really bad thoughts about me!

Here is what I do know for sure:

  • Family reunion - no cooking necessary
  • Steaks on the grill (we bought the steaks so that's a given)
  • I have three types of brats; regular brats, cheddar/brat patties and mushroom & Swiss brats so I'm going to assume that at some point we're going to have brats
  • Sandwiches - I'm having a get together this week.  While my plan isn't finalized I'm thinking that I'll make sandwich platters to serve.
  • Eating out (I'm not sure which night but it's pretty much a given that we'll eat out at least once)
  • Fend for yourself 
Sides will be the usual suspects; corn, rice, strawberry salad, roasted potatoes, tomato salad, etc.

In the freezer I do have some hamburger patties and chicken breasts.  I've got a yummy sounding recipe for the chicken but I honestly don't think I'm going to be up for it this week.  There is a lot that I've got to get accomplished this week and I have a feeling I'm going to be a little overwhelmed.

Sorry to be such a poor planner this week!  Anyone else having trouble planning their menu?

You might also like:

I will be linking up at Www.orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment