Tuesday, April 10, 2012

12 Decorating Projects for 2012

At the beginning of the year I decided that this would be the year that I did something about those decorating projects that I always "meant to get to" and never did.  I created a list of 12 items to accomplish and have been working my way through them.

The one I recently finished was the wall in my bedroom.  This wall has stood empty since our room was re-done about 4 - 5 years ago.  I never quite knew what to put on the wall and it quickly moved to the bottom of my priority list.

When it comes to decorating, my biggest issue is what to put on the wall.  Should I hang a print?  If so, what kind of print?  Would family pictures be better?  How about a shelf?  If I hang a shelf what would I put on it?  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there with that dilemma.

The decision to hang family photos came mostly from the decision I made regarding the connecting wall between the living room and the kitchen (you can read about that here.)  The frame that I took down was one of my favorites and I wanted to make sure I re-hung it where I could appreciate it.  I then decided that if one side of the window was going to have a family picture the other side should also.



I bought some wall words at Hobby Lobby (note:  they usually have coupons on their website, if you have Internet on your phone you can pull up a coupon at check out saving about 40%.  How cool is that?!)  I printed out some pictures from our recent trip and picked up a collage frame to put them in.  The whole thing took me about two hours (including shopping time) to finish.

Voila, a project to cross off my list that didn't cost me a lot of time or money. 

Have you recently completed a decorating project?  Feel free to share it in the comment section.

I'll be linking this up at Organizing Home Life

No comments:

Post a Comment