Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekly Menu

Last week mama had a little bit of a temper tantrum.  Because of that complete and utter meltdown, we ended up eating out much more last week than we should have.  I only cooked two of my four planned meals.  Not quite so good on our budget.

The week actually started out pretty good, my brats were grilled to perfection and the spaghetti was totally awesome.  Then Wednesday hit.  An incident at work made me pretty crabby.  I then walked in the door at home to a sink full of dirty dishes and my daughter instructing me that when I was done with dinner I needed to take her to the store and buy her some stuff.  Really?  Follow that up with the laundry room being a complete disaster, add in several loads of unfolded laundry and you have the recipe for a natural disaster.  My poor husband (who was still at the gym) got a complete earful as did his friend who was standing next to him.  Yikes!

Fortunately after 26 years together my husband knows that a good meal is the recipe to sooth the savage beast.  He hurried home and collected me to go out for steak at one of my favorite restaurants.  The kids were completely dumbfounded to be left on the doorstep when they thought they were having chicken casserole for dinner!  The next night we decided to repeat our ditch and run of the kids by going out to a supper club in town we hadn't been to in a while.  As the final nail in the coffin, the kids had friends over Saturday while we went out for dinner with another couple.  They asked us to leave money so they could order Chinese.  Hmmmm, let me think about that.  Nope, frozen pizza was on the menu unless they wanted to pry open their own wallets.  Maybe they won't tick off the mama next week!

Now that I've had a few nights of wining and dining I'm prepared to take up the cooking mantle again.  Unfortunately this week is going to be a little crazy.  I have a work dinner and Mike is working a couple of second shifts.  Keeping that in mind the menu will be pretty easy.

As you can see, yet again we are having spaghetti.  According to Mike, it isn't warm yet so we can leave it in the weekly rotation until summer is in full swing.  The kids aren't happy about it but, once again, oh well!  The chicken and stuffing casserole is so easy that the kids can put that together for me, making that an easy dinner for me.  This is Belle's favorite meal so she won't mind throwing it together for me.

Spaghetti and Meatballs, strawberry salad, corn, garlic bread
Chicken and Stuffing casserole, salad, glazed carrots, homemade applesauce
Hamburgers, roasted potatoes, corn, quick apple crisp
Leftovers
Fend for yourself x2
Dinner Out

That's it for my menu, what's cooking at your house?  Feel free to leave a link to your post or just share in the comment section.

I'll be linking this up at Good Cheap Eats, Money Saving Mom, I'm an Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only mom that has mini nervous breakdowns occasionally when stressed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete