Monday, November 21, 2011

Menu Planning

Last week we did a great job following the menu plan, it always helps whem we have an easy week!  This is going to be another easy week.

 We had our party on Saturday and it was a hit.  The food we had catered in was phenomenal (and not that expensive), my cake was delicious (even though it didn't quite look like the picture - I'll post more later) and the kids loved Just Dance 3 (we hosted a House Party this weekend).  Definitely a successful party.

Between leftovers from the party and Thanksgiving this is going to be an exra easy week in the menu planning department.  Here is the plan
  • Leftovers x2
  • $1 fish taco night at one of our favorite restaurants
  • Chicken taco buffet (I throw the "fixings" on the table and the family makes whatever they want.  We have quesadillas, soft shell and hard shell tacos as well as taco salad.)
  • Thanksgiving dinner - We actually have two dinners to attend.  In addition to supplying the turkey at one of the dinners, I'll also be taking sides to each of the dinners.  I'm planning on making Granny's Cranberry Relish as well as the Pecan Topped Sweet Potatoes.  The best part is I can make these in advance and enjoy (from the sidelines) the 5K that my daughter and her cousins are doing Thanksgiving morning.
  • Pizza
  • TBD - my husband is working this weekend so it will be just the kids and I.  I'll probably do some kind of soup or something.
I hope everyone has a really wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoys the time with family and/or friends.  If you are one of the crazies who do Black Friday (yes - I'm kind of one of you) have fun, hopefully you'll get some fantastic sales.

What's on your menu this week?  If you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner I'd love to hear what you are serving.

I'll be linking this up at I'm an Organizing Junkie, Life as Mom and Money Saving Mom

2 comments:

  1. I am going to my Aunt's and all I was asked to bring was the sausage balls for an appetizer. These balls have to be one of the easiest treats to make too! Cheap too! Seriously it is just equal parts Italian sausage, Bisquik, and cheese. I think it takes 20 minutes to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You've been given The Versatile Bloger Award at Impossible Cleanliness. You can read more about this at http://impossiblecleanliness.blogspot.com/2011/11/aw-shucks.html

    ReplyDelete