Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekly Goals - w/o 11-7

Last week was not a phenomenal week in terms of hitting all my goals.  It was very hectic and I'm still not feeling 100%.  Yes, they are excuses but sometimes life happens and the trick is to make sure when we fall off the horse we get right back into the saddle.  Here are my goals from last week and how I did against them.


Me

 
•Read "The Four Hour Work Week" - I couldn't find my Kindle this week so I didn't get a chance to read this book.  The good news is that I did find it (in the pile of mail - go figure) so I'll be reading it this week.
Start Desiree and get half way through
•Exercise three times for 30 minutes - Have I told you before how much I hate exercising?  While I shouldn't make excuses, this was an incredibly busy week for me.  My husband was out of town, my daughter had a band concert and I had a work dinner.  It was very difficult to find the time to exercise.  Of course if it was higher on my priority list I probably would have :(
Dig out my BodyMedia band and start wearing it
•Finalize St. Louis weekend - I didn't have much time to think about this one at all.

 
Is it any surprise that goals for me didn't get accomplished?  On the flip side I did manage to get a hair cut, color my hair and enjoy a massage for my birthday so it was a little bit about me last week.

 
House
Follow up on house cleaner leads
Look for shoe storage options for coat closet
Finish spice organization (I still haven't made up my mind about the storage method so I'll need to make a decision!)
•Buy shelf for second basement storage closet - I'm going to put this off for a couple of weeks

 
I did a terrific job this week on the house.  On Friday I met with a couple of young ladies who have started their own cleaning service, they'll be doing their first cleaning in a couple of weeks.  I also completed the following projects:  Organized my spices, developed a solution for the mail pile, tamed the shoe beast in the front closet and bought supplies to organize the boys bathroom.  Quite honestly, the thought of these girls having free reign over my house has gotten my organization desire in full gear!

 
Blog

 
•Submit guest post - I have the post written but I didn't get a chance to take a picture to submit with it. 
•Follow up on interview opportunity - I did follow up but we're still e-mailing back and forth
Catch up on visiting other blogs (with being under the weather the last couple of weeks I haven't done a very good job of visiting other blogs that link to the same site as I do. I've got quite a few to go back and visit!)
•Meet with M. to discuss new blog (if we're going to meet our January 1 launch date we need to get cracking!) - didn't get anything done on this one at all.  I really need to get cracking.

 
This is another pretty busy week so I'm going to cut myself some slack and not go overboard.  Here are the goals for this week

 
Me
  • Read "The Four Hour Work Week"
  • Finish "Desiree"
  • Finalize St. Louis weekend
  • Enjoy my girls weekend in Chicago
  • Start exercising

 
House
  • Organize boy's bathroom drawers

 
Blog
  • Take picture and submit guest post
  • Meet w/M
  • Write organization posts for future weeks

 
That's it for my goal list.  What's on your list?

 
I'll be linking this up over at Money Saving Mom

 
You might also like:

 
Organizing the Spices
Menu Plan
October Financial Check-Up

2 comments:

  1. I've really let the house go the past few weeks so I made myself a schedule of a room a day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you too. There are just some days (or weeks!) when it's impossible to stay on top of the house. It helps that my kids are a little older because I can give them chores to do. I love it when they are off school and can do a whole list :)

    ReplyDelete