Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly Menu Planning

Even though last week was a pretty easy week in regards to menu planning, it was a bust following the plan.  Last Sunday I did make the Baked Stuffed Haddock which was absolutely divine!  My son and I loved it even though my husband didn't (my daughter wasn't home that evening).  In the future I'll just bake plain haddock for my husband and this recipe for my son and I.  Tuesday we did the $1 fish tacos as planned, but that was pretty much it for following the menu.  I came home a little early from work one day to make the spaghetti and was told no one was really in the mood for it.  At that point I told them they were on their own, mama wasn't going to worry about feeding them!

Grocery shopping was a little weird this week.  A group of women that I work with went to Chicago this weekend to shop and have a spa day.  Saturday night my husband picked me up at the drop off point and wanted to grocery shop immediately.  I hadn't had time to do an inventory, make a list or even think about the menu.  The only good thing was that since last week was a bust I didn't need to buy much which really helped keep us under budget.  Since we were way over budget last week that was a good thing!

Here is the plan for the week:
  • Spaghetti & Meatballs, strawberry salad, carrots, bread
  • Potato Soup, bread, applesauce
  • Dinner out - we're having a family party next weekend for Belle's birthday.  Both my kids birthdays are around holidays and I've found that I can cater their birthday parties for not that much more than making them myself.  The time and energy that I save is worth every penny!  She wanted some input into her menu this year so we'll be going to the restaurant we want to use so she can pick out the menu.
  • Chicken and stuffing, applesauce, corn, cranberry relish, bread
  • Pizza - slumber birthday party so there will also be lots of snacks and junk food
  • Chili
  • Family party

It's going to be a crazy week here at the WWIN household.  I took Friday off to make the birthday cake, this is what I'm planning.  This is my first attempt at this type of cake so I'm hoping it turns out well.  I'll be sharing next week how I did.

What's your plan for the week?  Feel free to share a link to your post in comments

I'll be linking this up at I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment