Thursday, September 29, 2011

Christmas Idea - Photo Albums

As I’m sure most of my regular readers know by now I’m working really hard to make this Christmas is stress free is terms of money and time. After last Christmas I started a Christmas club, I’ve already started buying presents plus I’ve been looking for other ways to add money to the Christmas fund.

My most recent endeavor is creating photo albums for the kids. I’m sure my next statement will make some of you gasp in horror but…..I have all my photos stuck in a tote in the basement and I’ve never done baby books or photo albums. Don’t worry, the kids have photos of various ages stuck around the house and we do pull out all of our photos occasionally to peruse but I’m not organized about it. I decided this Christmas to do something about it.

Since I discovered Mixbook earlier this year I’ve been hooked. I can get the custom look I want without the mess of actually scrapbooking. Don’t get me wrong, this is taking me quite a bit of time but it’s not nearly as much time as the few times I’ve attempted scrapbooking. Plus, I can order multiple copies of the books which I couldn’t do if I was scrapbooking.

Last week Groupon offered a coupon where I was able to get a $50 Groupon for Mixbook for only $15. These certificates can’t be used with other offers but I figured that was still quite a deal. Plus, Mixbook offers a lot of promotions (I generally post a link to their current special over to the right) that I’ll take advantage of.

To be a little more efficient I’m actually doing both books at the same time. While I’m customizing the books for each child, a lot of the pictures come from the same event so I only need to review the CD’s once to add photographs.

Giving the gift of a photo album or photo calendar I think is a great (and potentially inexpensive) way to share the events from the previous year with your loved ones. While I like Mixbook, there are many other options out there including Walmart, Shutterfly, etc.

Check the box, two more presents paid for at $15 apiece. I still haven’t ordered them because I’m still not done, but I’ll get there. I’ll let you know how they turn out.

Other Frugal Christmas Posts
Saving for Christmas
Preparing for Christmas
Present Idea - White House Ornaments

How is your Christmas shopping going?

I'll be linking this up over at Life as Mom

2 comments:

  1. I got a Christmas present for my husband today. I was able to get it through bartering so that was pretty cool.

    I am getting in the Christmas gift making mood however and I am actually hosting a carnival over at my blog every Tuesday where the theme is handmade Christmas projects. I would love to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool that you were able to barter for the present. I have quite a few presents bought and have paid very little for them. It must be the fact that I'm blogging about it but I'm really into Christmas spirit early this year.

    I'll definitely be participating in your carnival, I have a super cool idea from my mom that I want to share. I just have to find the time to make the project so I can share pictures :)

    ReplyDelete