Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weekend Plans

This weekend is the homecoming dance at my daughter’s school. It’s also my husband’s weekend to work which is when I typically try to get a lot accomplished around the house. Between homecoming and keeping my mom company (my dad works this weekend too and we don't like leaving her alone yet) I don’t know how much I’m going to get done around my house. As usual I’m going to aim high and hope to get at least ½ to ¾ of the way there. Keep in mind this isn’t my usual weekend list, this is the husband working weekend list.


Goals for the Weekend
  • Grocery shop
  • Clean family room for homecoming 'get ready' day
  • Wash, core and freeze two bags of tomatoes I received
  • Make applesauce with apples I was given
  • Go through refrigerator and pantry; prepare/freeze food getting ready to spoil (carrots, mushrooms & potatoes)
  • Buy blinds & window treatments for living room
  • Pick out paint samples for living room
  • Finish striped cushion covers (still have a floral pattern to make)
  • Take girls for manicures & up-do’s (our house is dress central for the dance)
  • Chauffeur kids to park for pictures, dinner & dance
  • Stop by parent’s house for miscellaneous tasks
  • Clean master bedroom
  • Start working on photo books I want to give as Christmas presents (I bought a Groupon for $50 of Mixbook products for $15) PLUS Mixbook is offering 60% off all products through 9/29/11
  • Thin flower beds & split flowers for neighbor
  • Pull flowers out of planters
  • Replant flower bed on side of garage
  • Finish writing business plan for new venture
  • Write a few posts for the upcoming weeks

I know – it’s an ambitious list but I’ve found that if I make a list like this I’ll actually get through a lot of it. If I don’t write it down these things seem to never get done. I’d rather do some of these things when I’m home alone so I can enjoy time with the family when we can all be together. I had hoped to start the list last night (Friday) but all I got done was grocery shopping.  It was after 7pm when I walked in the door.  My husband and I sat down to watch Judge Judy and eat Panera's, after which I was completely shot.

The really sad thing is this is Octoberfest weekend and I won’t be able to go. My husband and I usually go to taste all the unique food and shop the really cool craft booths. Since he’s working this is the first time in years that we haven’t gone together. I was going to go by myself (to Christmas shop) but with homecoming it’s just not going to be possible. Oh well, there’s always next year 

What are your plans for the weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment