Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Planning

When grocery shopping, what are the appropriate tools to have?  Some some of us use a shopping list, some of us like to use coupons, I think all of us can agree that money is important.  Guess what I forgot to bring with me to the grocery store this past weekend?  Yep, the money.  What a dork.  The even worse news, we drive about 30 minutes to the grocery store.  The good news, I got dinner at Panera's before I realized we didn't have any cash.

I'm sure that there are a few of you wondering why we didn't use a credit card.  Unfortunately (or I guess fortunately depending on how you look at it) we shop at a store that keeps its costs down by using cash/debit card/checks only.  The account that my husband has a debit card to was pretty much empty and I left all my stuff at home.  Fortunately I discovered this while we were at the beginning of the store and not in the check out line with a cart full of groceries.  Surprisingly my husband wasn't upset, but I did have to go back myself the next day since he had to work.

This is a pretty crazy week for the family schedule, I don't think there's one night where all four of us are sitting down together.  With that in mind I've kept the schedule even simpler than normal.  Giving a nod to the new school year (aka fall coming) I did add meatloaf back into our rotation.  Here's the plan for the week.

Breakfast
Cereal
Bagels
Blueberry muffins
Yogurt
Bananas
Omelets

Note:  The yogurt, bananas and omelets aren't new but I realized I never really listed them before.  I view the bananas and yogurts as a 'side' item and my husband makes his own omelets.  I figured I'd throw them in though since it is part of our menu.

Lunch
School lunches
Kashi frozen meals
Lunch out
Bagel sandwiches
Leftovers

Dinner
BBQ with family
Meatloaf
Brats
Tacos
Fend for yourself
Dinner with friends
Takeout

That's my menu for the week - what does yours look like?  Feel free to link up your menu plan in the comments.

I'll be linking this up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie

You might also like:

August Financial Check Up
Banana Bread Recipe
Christmas Shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment