Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halfway Done with Freezer Cooking - Status Check

It's the end of day one of my cooking weekend.  I've gotten a lot accomplished but I still have a long way to go.  My original plan was to start Friday evening but one of my friends called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner - fun won out over cooking.

Here's is what I've done so far:

1 pot of white chicken chili
1 double batch of cranberry relish
2 chickens baked and shredded
2 batches of chicken stock
1 batch apple chips - I really didn't like how they turned out so I won't be making those again
1 batch bread crumbs

I had company over for breakfast and wanted to treat my kids so for breakfast I also made:

Cinnamon rolls (don't be to impressed, they were from a can)
Nana's Apple Cake
Waffles
Fresh fruit
Scrambled eggs
Hash browns

To finish up the day tomorrow I'm planning on making the following:

Meatloaf
Meatballs
Lasagna - I'll try and get the recipe up tomorrow
Homemade Applesauce
Apple Slices for the freezer
Pumpkins

If I can find my cape and tights, I may also try to pick up decorations for my front porch.  We'll see about that.

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment