Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu

Last week was pretty much a bust following the menu.  We started really well by having the taco salad.  For the next night I substituted Cheesy Beer Soup (from Tastefully Simple) for Potato Soup  and that was a miss.  Here's what I would say, adding cut up brats to the soup may help it.  I just felt like it was drinking melted cheese, there was no substance to the soup.  I think I have another one in my cupboard so I may try that next time.  We made it as far as our dinner plans for fish tacos, which were really delicious, but from there the plan disentegrated and we pretty much had take out the rest of the week. 

After thinking about why the plan didn't work I would have to say this usually happens when my husband is off during the week.  There must be something about not working that makes him want something other than what's on the menu.  I'll have to think about that and figure out a better plan next time he's off during the week.

I'm going to admit up front that I don't know how successful we are going to be this week.  Last night when I was writing the majority of this post my throat started hurting.  I took some Ziacam but woke up feeling worse.  If I have a doozy of a cold or flu coming on then we may not be sticking to this menu very well, we may have a whole week of fending for yourself.  Fortunately I have the day off today with only a couple of things to do so I'm going to try and take it easy.  Mom's don't have time to get sick!!!
I'm going to stop posting breakfasts and lunches.  They really don't change and I don't have any recipes to share so it seems a little futile to post them every week.  Here's is what's on our dinner table for the week:

Dinner
Chicken taco buffet with apple pie for dessert - yum!
Brats, potatoes, cranberry relish
Fish Taco's for the grown ups, sandwiches at home for the kids unless they commit to the $1 fish tacos
Meatloaf
Spaghetti & Meatballs or Lasagna, strawberry salad, corn, homemade applesauce, Parmesan Garlic Biscuts
White Chicken Chili with home made bread (as home made as frozen bread dough from the store gets)
Dinner out

That's what on our table for the week, what's on yours?  Feel free to share a link to your post in the comments.

I'll be linking this up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie

You might also like:

Freezer Cooking - Halfway Status Check
Using Swagbucks for Christmas
Laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment