Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Goals

Last week I was still down with this cold although I did better than the previous week.  Just when I think I'm getting better it seems to strike me down.  We were at a family Halloween party Saturday night but needed to leave a little early because I started to feel terrible.  Hopefully this is the week that I'll be shaking it!  I should put that as my goal :)

Here is how I did last week:
For Me
  • Create list of books to read
  • Exercise 30 minutes every day - this might have been a little ambitious, maybe I need to start with three times a week :)
  • Schedule a hair cut
  • Schedule a massage

 For the House
  • Buy shelf and organize closet in basement -
  • Organize cabinet in boys bathroom - didn't even start this one. 
  • Get estimate for house cleaning - this one is not done for lack of trying.  I have e-mailed and left voice mails for three different cleaning companies and cannot get a response.  Two of them are national companies (Merry Maids and The Maids), all I can say is shame on you for not returning calls.  I get that these are franchises and the corporate offices don't have control but I'm surprised in this economy there are so many people looking for house cleaners that they can't be bothered to call a potential customer back.  I put a note up on the bulletin board at work and have a couple of leads to follow up with next week

One of the items on my list was to develop a list of books that I want to read.  My plan is to read one self-improvement book and one for fun book every week.  To develop the self improvement portion of my reading list I went to one of my favorite blogs, Michael Hyatt, and looked at what was on his reading list.  For my personal list I'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone and read different books.  There have been a number of books in the People magazine book review (yes - I'm a People addict) that I've been wanting to read but I keep forgetting to write them down.  I also will be looking at the NY Times Bestsellers list.  So far I haven't really picked out any for fun books other than one I've been meaning to re-read for a while.  Desiree is a book I've read a number of times but have really enjoyed.  It's a fictional account of Napoleon's first love who had a tremendous impact on history.  Here is my reading list:

Self Improvement
Personal
I'll be looking for more books to add to my personal list.
Here are my goals for this week:

Me
  • Read "The Four Hour Work Week"
  • Start Desiree and get half way through
  • Exercise three times for 30 minutes
  • Dig out my BodyMedia band and start wearing it
  • Finalize St. Louis weekend
 House
  • Follow up on house cleaner leads
  • Look for shoe storage options for coat closet
  • Finish spice organization (I still haven't made up my mind about the storage method so I'll need to make a decision!)
  • Buy shelf for second basement storage closet
Blog
  • Submit guest post
  • Follow up on interview opportunity
  • Catch up on visiting other blogs (with being under the weather the last couple of weeks I haven't done a very good job of visiting other blogs that link to the same site as I do.  I've got quite a few to go back and visit!)
  • Meet with M. to discuss new blog (if we're going to meet our January 1 launch date we need to get cracking!)
I guess that's enough for this as I'm trying to keep it realistic.  What are your goals for the week?

I'll be linking this up over at Money Saving Mom

You might also like:

Meal Planning
Maximizing Your Clothing Budget
Organizing Spices

No comments:

Post a Comment