Sunday, October 30, 2011

Menu Planning

I still felt pretty miserable last week.  So miserable in fact that we skipped going out for fish tacos which was good since I fell asleep at 7pm that night!  Otherwise we did OK following the menu last week.  I did skip the pineapple upside down cake in favor of my apple crisp and I forgot to take the meatloaf out of the freezer early enough so we had take-out instead.

Even though I'm still not back to 100%, this week is going to be fairly easy.  My husband is out of town most of the week on business, I have a work dinner one night and my daughter has a band concert.  I am going to invite my parents over for dinner while my husband is out of town but I'll be making that meal this weekend so both of my cooked meals will come from the freezer.  Gotta love that freezer cooking!

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, homemade applesauce, strawberry shortcake
Dinner out (half price burgers at one of our favorite restaurants)
Pizza (love Little Caesars $5 pizzas!)
Lasagna, strawberry salad, corn, Breadsmith bread, pineapple upside cake
Work dinner (kids will make themselves mac and cheese or go to McD's)
Steak dinner at another one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate somebody's birthday
Dinner at my parents

Yes, someone in the WWIN household is celebrating another birthday and turning 42 this week.  Since my husband is out of town and working this coming weekend I've decided to pamper myself.  I'll be getting a massage and a haircut (yes - I get to cross those two items off my goal list from the week) in addition to the new clothing I bought for myself.  Then, to be completely decadent I'm going to Chicago for a girls weekend the following weekend where I'll enjoy a full day of shopping (probably won't buy much), a fancy dinner out followed by a 90 minute massage the next day!  I actually debated not going on the girls weekend but my husband insisted and who am I to argue with him?
I will also need to do some baking Monday night.  My husband's trip is a training session at a military facility, breakfast and lunch is on your own.  Typically when my husband goes to these trainings it's with a bunch of men who just do whatever they want for meals.  This time he's going with four women, what do women do best?  Plan!  The ladies have decided that everyone will bring a breakfast item to share and some evening snacks.  So I now need to decide what to make for my husband to share.  I'm thinking I'll make zucchini muffins and Payday Bars.  Both of those are yummy and tend to go over well.  Both of these are family favorites that I'll share with you later.

What's on your menu for the week?  Feel free to leave a link to your post in comments.

I'll be linking up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie and Money Saving Mom

You might also like:

Maximizing Your Clothing Budget
The Benefits of a Large Freezer
Ways to Pay for Christmas

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a nice week
    enjoy the pampering and happy birthday!!
    Here is a link to my Menu Plan/Question of the week
    I would love if you stopped by to check it out
    I know the week is over but it takes me all week to browse the menus
    Enjoy your sunday:)

    ReplyDelete