Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quick Apple Crisp

My family loves apple deserts.  I love giving them what they want, without a lot of work, which is why this is one of my favorite recipes to make.  This is the easiest apple crisp recipe that I've come across while still being incredibly delicious.  If you prep apples in the fall for the freezer it's even easier!
Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced into rings
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix - I use Jiffy mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut apple slices crosswise in half.  Place in greased 9 inch square baking pan, sprinkle with dry cake mix.  In small bowl, combine sugar & cinnamon: sprinkle over cake mix.  Drizzle with butter.  Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.  Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.

Enjoy!

I'll be linking this up over at Life as Mom

1 comment:

  1. We love apple crisp!! I have a super easy recipe that uses whole oats. YUM YUM!! :-) I shared a recipe for Fried Apples-n-Onions over at Life as Mom today. It is surprisingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete