Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spending Time With My Daughter – Taste of Home Cooking Show

As a busy mom I think it’s important to carve out time with the people who are important to us. Next to my husband are my children, which is why I have a segment about spending time with my daughter. In case you haven’t guessed by now, I do better if I actually sit down and plan versus if I fly by the seat of my pants (although there are a lot of those moments too!). What I’m trying to say is that I purposely try to find these mother/daughter moments because time has a way of flying by so fast. They truly do grow up in a blink of the eye.


The mother/daughter moment that we planned a couple of weeks ago was to attend the Taste of Home cooking show. They hold one in our area once a year. For a number of years I would go with my mother in law and sister in law. Last year we decided to expand the group to include my mother, my daughter and my two nieces. We really make an evening out of it by meeting at a restaurant, enjoying the exhibitors (and getting to taste the food) and hopefully win a few prizes.

I have to confess, it was a little difficult for me to relax and unwind because work was so horribly stressful (my daughter did comment that I was a little quiet at dinner) but I tried really hard to have fun because I think these memories that we are building are really important.

We enjoyed watching the chef, picked out what recipes we were going to try at home and unfortunately won very few prizes along the way. Oh yeah – we did get those great swag bags that I posted about in my “Look What Was In My Mailbox” weekly posting.

A good time was had by all. Did you do something fun with your kids recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment