Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Give Back Thursday - Scrapbook

I didn't have to look to my neighbors this week for my Give Back Thursday post!  It also didn't entail me having bruised knees and a sprained wrist - always a bonus.  This week's give back has actually been in the works for a couple of weeks.

One of the problems in my Wonder Woman complex is that I always have grand plans but don't often have the time or energy to complete them.  Scrapbooking is one area that I get really excited over but never follow through.  I get a lot of grief from my friends over this, they just throw their pictures in an old fashion album and make fun of me for my box (by box I mean the largest plastic tote they make) of pictures.

As I wrote a couple of months ago, we took our first 'friend vacation'.  One of the first things we did when we got back was exchange pictures (don't you love digital files?).  I've heard about websites that you could make a scrapbook and have it printed out, I thought it would be fun to do with the Las Vegas pictures.  Over my vacation a couple of weeks ago, there had been a post about Mixbook offering a free photo album.  Who wouldn't jump all over a free photo album!  Unfortunately the system was overloaded and I never got my free album, it also would have helped if I had picked the landscape and not the portfolio, but I went ahead an ordered two of them any way.  After almost six hours of work I wasn't going to walk away empty handed.  I did find a code online so I saved 30% at least.  Mike and I had so much fun putting it together, I can't remember the last time we laughed so hard!  It was well worth the money.


The books came this week and I was absolutely thrilled with the results.  I was so excited that I rushed right over to their house to give them their copy.  We had so much fun looking at the pictures together and re-living the trip.  When the guys got together a couple of days ago John was still telling Mike how much they loved the book.  I'm just glad that we have such great friends to travel with, I feel like this book was just a small token of how thankful we are to have them in our life.  We're also glad that they were good sports about the funny pictures and sayings we put in!

How about you, do you have any good give back stories today.  I'll be linking this up over at Living so Abundantly and Life in a Cookie Jar.  I'd encourage you to stop over and read some of the other giving stories.

You might also like

The Lost Dog
Sharing With the Neighbors

4 comments:

  1. what an awesome post! It is ironic because I also did a digital scrapbook for a friendcation we took to Key West! I liked it so much I used the same software to make a baby book for my Evan. Thanks again for posting on Give Back Thursday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun thing to do! I'll have to keep this in mind next time we have a photo-worthy event with friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! The time and thought you put into making that album is priceless! I'm sure that meant so much to your friends. :) What a perfect gift to give...and receive! =D Thank you for being our faithful link up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of us couples REALLY enjoyed the book so I'm very glad we did it. I'm thinking about paying my daughter to organize and scan my 20+ years of pictures and start doing this with some of the older pictures.

    ReplyDelete