Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekly Menu Plan

For those of you who read my blog regularly you will know that I don't typically post menu plans.  There are a couple of reasons for that: 1)I'm not organized enough about meals to know in advance what we're going to eat 2)Even if I make a plan we don't always seem to stick to it.  However, as part of the pantry challenge I'm looking to clear out some of the stuff from my pantry which means I need to think about what we're going to eat.

Here is my plan for the week.  I don't know what days we're going to eat what (you have to remember, my husband does a lot of the cooking during the week so it's whatever he feels like making) so I'll just post what I'm going to have available.

Breakfast
Cereal
Blueberry muffins

Lunches
Pulled pork sandwiches (from my last freezer cooking)
Corn dogs
Personal pizzas (I keep pre-made pizza crust, pizza sauce & cheese in the refrigerator for the kids)
Bagel sandwiches (bagel, cheese, lunch meat)
Hot dogs
Sides include:  yogurt, applesauce, mandarin oranges

Dinner
Taco Salad (from the pantry & freezer)
Brats
Hamburgers
Sandwiches
Cook out w/family
Take out
Fend for yourself night (we usually have at least one of these where no one cooks anything, you just find something to eat.  Sometimes it's cereal :)

Sides:  Mashed potatoes, pasta salad, tomato salad, corn on the cob, potato/mushroom/onion on the grill (the mashed potatoes and pasta salad are part of the pantry clean-out)

As far as breakfast & lunch go, I just keep food on hand and let the kids know what's available.  They take care of feeding themselves.  I'll make the taco salad tonight, my husband will decide what night he feels like cooking the other stuff.

With every one's schedule it's not unusual for at least one of us to be MIA for dinner.  My son was a little sad :( when he missed steak night last Thursday (even though we had four steaks there were no left overs for him).  Oh well, we don't guarantee left overs if you can't make it to the dinner table because of a busy social calendar.

What about you?  How do you plan a meal around a lot of people coming and going.

I'll be linking this up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment