Sunday, July 17, 2011

Meal Plan Week of July 17

As party of the Pantry Challenge at Good Cheap Eats, I've made menu planning a priority as well as taking inventory prior to shopping.

While I did a great job last week planning my menu I didn't do a very good job implementing it.  Some of that was due to unexpected issues (flat tire that couldn't be patched and company coming for dinner ) as well as a husband who choose to eat out on his day to cook (I didn't argue to much).  Oh well, the best laid plans...... 

This week I updated our menu, took inventory and then shopped.  I'm happy to report that our grocery bill was only about $140 this week (our bill was actually higher but ~$25 was supplements which go under a different budget).  This included the special items I needed for my husband's birthday cake so I'm pretty pleased - Spider Man doesn't come cheap!  The trick will be to actually use the menu and not eat out as much.  I'm having surgery on Thursday (nothing major but I'll be down for a few days) so I'm relying on the husband and the kids to cover dinner.


Breakfast

Cereal
Blueberry Muffins (from a mix)
Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches

Lunch
Pizza rolls
Personal pizzas
Bagel sandwiches
Corn dogs
Hot dogs
Frozen meals

Dinner
Dinner Out
Taco's/taco salad
Stuffed chicken breasts
Hamburgers
Brats
Pizza (take out)
Graduation Party

How about you, do you plan a menu and if so are you good about implementing?

I'm also posting this up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie,

You might also enjoy:
Pantry Challenge Goals
Pantry Challenge Update

4 comments:

  1. looks like an easy week!
    i have been trying to stick to the menu plan. We had to change one night because we ended up eating at my aunts house. but i just put that nights dinner at the end of the week
    I would love if you stopped by my blog and checked out my Menu Plan
    Have a great week
    From Cristin To Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first step is to actually PLAN the menu and then implement it :) I've been doing it for a while now and still fall off the side so don't beat yourself up too bad when you don't stick with it. Good luck with the surgery and the menu plan! :) The Pantry Challenge on the other hand ... well ... I'm panicking as I have NO sour cream and tacos and baked taters are on the menu! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning helps so much! Hope you are finding it helpful too. Blessings on your surgery.

    ReplyDelete