Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation Week

I had a week off of work this week.  You know what that means, right?  You guessed it, there was a huge list of items that I wanted to accomplish.  Considering that we were going to be gone for three of the days I don't know what I was thinking, I guess that's where the Wonder Woman complex comes in.

Part of my to-do list this week was:

  • Re-do my living (paint, window treatments, start shopping for fabric for new cushions)
  • Clean out the laundry/junk room
  • Clean out kitchen pantry
  • Give house thorough cleaning

Guess how much I got done?  You guessed it, a big fat goose egg.  Oh well, it's only Friday and I don't go back to work until next Wednesday.  There's still hope :)

With that being said, I did get some stuff accomplished so I haven't been a total slack off.  Here is what we have done:

  • Picked and prepared three flats of strawberries.  You can read about that here
  • Prepared for and spent three days at a water park.  You can read about that excursion here
  • Took two road trips to the Cabela's store that was over an hour away for my husband's father's day/birthday present.
  • Created a scrapbook on Mixbook from our Vegas trip.  I made one for both us and our friends, took me quite a bit of time (about six hours) but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to receive it.  I'm going to try and do another one today from a trip we took a few years ago.
I'll let you know next week what else (if anything) I manage to accomplish this week.

Update - I did manage to get the pantry cleaned out.  You can read about that here

What do you do when you're on 'vacation'

No comments:

Post a Comment